|The most important thing to understand is
that the loan approval process is 100% dependant on your documentation. To insure a smooth
transaction, it is imperative that you have all of your documents gathered prior to you
initial loan application. Following is a list of all the documents you will need. Please
feel free print this screen and use this as a checklist.
- Most recent two years complete tax returns with all
- Most recent two years W-2's, 1099's, etc.
- Most recent pay stubs covering one month period.
- If Applicable: Self-Employed will need Three years Tax Returns and
YTD Profit & Loss Statement.
- Most recent three months complete bank statements for any
and all accounts with all pages.
- Most recent statement from retirement, 401k, mutual funds, money
market, stocks, etc.
- Most recent statements from your bills, indicating minimum payments
and account numbers.
- Name, Address, and Phone number of your landlord, or 12 months
cancelled rent checks.
- If Applicable: Should you have no credit. Copies or your most recent
utility bills will be needed.
- If Applicable: Copy of complete Bankruptcy and Discharge Papers.
- If Applicable: If you co-signed for a mortgage, car, credit card,
etc, need 12 months cancelled checks. front and rear, indicating you are not making
- Copy of Drivers License.
- Copy of Social Security Card.
- If Applicable: Copy of complete Divorce, Palimony, Alimony
- If Applicable: Copy of Green Card or Work Permit.
- If Applicable: If you own another home(s) - see below
If a Refinance or you own Rental Property
- Copy of Note & Deed from current loan.
- Copy of Property Tax Bill.
- Copy of Hazard (homeowners) Insurance Policy.
- Copy of Payment Coupon for current Mortgage.
- If Applicable: If property is multi-unit, need Rental Agreements.
Additional documents may be needed upon review of your file and on a
Now that you know the documents that will be needed, learn about how
your income will affect your loan qualifications by clicking